Cannot open ADFS login page while testing connection or trying to log in with an error "err_connection_reset"
When trying to connect to the fresh installation of ADFS from the CPM, you may receive an error message "err_connection_reset".
When this issue occurs, no error or warning message appear in the CPM log files.
This issue may happen because of several reasons:
- IIS on the the machine where ADFS is running is not configured to allow connections via HTTPS on 443 port.
- IIS is not running.
- One of the firewalls/security groups between CPM and ADFS is blocking 443 port.
- Check if IIS allows HTTPS traffic:
- Open 'Server Manager' on the machine where ADFS hosted.
- Select 'Tools'>'Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager'.
- In the opened window, select your server then go to 'Sites'>'Default Web Site' and click 'Bindings'.
- Verify if HTTPS binding is configured. If it is, please check if SSL certificate assigned to this binding and click OK. If it's not, click 'Add...'
- In the 'Add Site Binding' window, select 'HTTPS' type and assign SSL certificate and click 'OK' and 'Close'.
- Check connection from the CPM.
- Check if IIS is installed on the machine where ADFS is hosted or if it's stopped.
- Check your firewalls/security groups if they allow connection over port 443.