CPM v3.0.x may launch unnecessarily large Cleanup workers, resulting in extra costs
CPM v3.0.x may launch unnecessarily large Cleanup workers, resulting in extra costs.
In order to reduce the costs, please use the following procedure:
- Connect (via ssh) to the machine running cpm (you will need to execute "sudo -i" to gain the root privileges)
- In folder /cpmdata/conf/ create a text file named cpmserver.cfg (if it does not already exist)
- Open the file in a text editor (vi or nano) and add the following lines in green under [backup_copy].
If [backup_copy] already exists, please add the lines under it:
'worker_types_for_small_cleanup_worker', 'c5.large, m5.large, t3.large'
'worker_types_for_medium_cleanup_worker', 'c5.large, m5.large, t3.large'
'worker_types_for_large_cleanup_worker', 'c5.large, m5.large, t3.large'
- save the file
- restart the CPM apache2 service by executing: sudo service apache2 reload
Please makes sure that no backups/restore/cleanup are running before restarting apache2
This issue will be fixed in v3.1 under N2WS-14050.
- All sizes are in GB
- Instance size = cumulative size of all instance’s volumes