To determine the availability zone of the new instance, you’ll need to launch it using the "Manual launch" option, rather than using the "1-click" option.
6) Terminate the old instance. Please wait until it is in the “terminated” state.
7) When the new instance is in the “running” state, connect to it with a browser using https (approve exception to the SSL certificate)
8) In step 2 of the CPM Configuration Wizard, please choose "This account is already licensed" (for the BYOL edition) and use the same username you had before (can create a new password).
9) In step 3 of the CPM Configuration Wizard, please choose “Use Existing Data Volume”.
Select your new volume from the list of volumes to complete the configuration process.
10) If you are using backup scripts that utilize SSH, you may need to login to the CPM Server once and run the scripts manually, so the use of the private key will be approved.
11) If you are using CPM Agents, they need to be updated to use the new CPM hostname/IP