How to upgrade CPM using a patch
This KB article details the steps needed to upgrade the N2WS CPM server instance to the latest version using the patch method.
Make sure you have no active backup policies running or DR ( including backups, Cleanup, restores, S3 copy or DR) the CPM server needs to be idle for an upgrade.
When using patches to upgrade N2WS instead of the AMI upgrade, be
sure that you check your current version to ensure that the patch you
are using is compatible with your current version of N2WS CPM. If the patch
is not compatible with your current version of CPM you will get a
warning similar to the example below.
1. Download the CPM upgrade patch from the Release Notes of the latest version of CPM found here - CPM Release Notes
2. Unzip the patch file.
3. Make sure there are no active CPM jobs 4. Go to General Settings, then choose "Patches".
5. Click "choose file" and browse to the patch file you unzipped and open it.
6. The file name should now appear in the window, then click on "upload and install".
7. You will get a confirmation window like the one below. Click "Upload and Install" and the patch will begin installation. The confirmation window will stay up until the patch completes its install. This will usually only take a few minutes. The window will close itself when complete.
8. Once it completes and the install confirmation window closes, You will get a message that install was successful in the top right and the patch should now be listed with an install date.
9. Click on the help link (?) in the top right and choose "about" to verify the patch was applied and CPM is now on the updated version.
10. You should see the updated version from the patch that you just applied similar to my example below.
How to upgrade to the latest CPM version using the patch method
How to upgrade CPM using a patch This KB article details the steps needed to upgrade the N2WS CPM server instance to the latest version using the patch method. Prerequisites: Make sure you have no active backup policies running or DR ( including ...
Patch for cost reduction of copy to S3
Installation of the patch will reduce costs drastically for customers who are using S3 (Between 5 to 20 times less expensive than previous version) The improvements are: For copied volumes which are larger than 512GB, worker’s volume type will be sc1 ...
Upgrade instructions for v3.x
This guide outlines the steps required to upgrade to N2WS Backup & Recovery version 3.x We strongly recommend that you follow every step contained within this guide to ensure version 3.x is configured correctly and no data loss occurs. General ...
Release notes for the latest v2.7.x CPM release
In order to upgrade to v2.7.x from any previous version, please see the instructions here: https://support.n2ws.com/portal/kb/articles/upgrade-instructions-for-v2-7-0 In order to upgrade to v2.7.x from v2.7.0 or newer only, you can use the patch file ...
Release notes for the latest v2.6.x CPM release
In order to upgrade to v2.6.x from any version, please use the AMI upgrade method . The upgrade instructions are in the chapter 1.3.5 "Upgrading the N2WS Server Instance" at https://n2ws.com/support/documentation/introduction-to-cpm#13 In order to ...