How to change the SSL certificate and key used by CPM
Important: This procedure should be performed when there are no Backups/DR/Cleanup/S3 Copy running. In addition, Linux knowledge is Required.
If you need to install a CA SSL certificate, here are the instructions:
- Connect to the N2WS instance over SSH
- You will need to use "sudo" to reach the cert folder. Please keep ownership and permissions of the files ("cp" will do it).
- Go to the folder: /opt/n2wsoftware/cert
- Replace the 2 files in the folder: cpm_server.crt and cpm_server.key , make sure new files have same name
- If you are using MobaXterm you can simple drag/drop files to the SSH session, and then copy to the correct folder
- After replacing, type the command: sudo service apache2 restart
Additional useful info
In order to perform the above operations, you need to connect to the instance with SSH (your assigned private key and username: "cpmuser").
If you are unfamiliar with Linux command, this Ubuntu article explain about various commands: The Linux command line for beginners ,the command need here are mostly: cd, cp, ls, sudo, chmod
Certificate: here are some online tools to verify the validity of your certificate: